top of page

Post Divorce Issues

How do I enforce a court order or my settlement agreement?

You have a right to expect your spouse to abide by the terms of a court order or property settlement agreement. If your spouse stops paying alimony or child support, violates a custody or parenting order or fails to comply with the equitable distributionprovisions of your property settlement agreement, our law firm will take the necessary steps to enforce your rights in court.


How do I request a modification of a court order or my settlement agreement?

Circumstances often change unexpectedly after divorce. Sometimes those changes are substantial. Your work schedule changes and you are no longer able to exercise parenting time in accordance with your settlement agreement. You lose your job due to circumstances outside your control and you are unable to meet your support obligations. You become ill after your divorce and your illness affects your ability to work and contribute to your support and the support of your children. Each situation may justify a modification of an existing court order or property settlement agreement.


Modification can occur as a result of negotiations between you and your former spouse. If negotiations are not successful or your former spouse is unwilling to agree to any change in your existing obligations, you need to consult with an experienced attorney to decide if and when you should file a modification motion with the court. For example, if you are seeking a reduction in an alimony or child support obligation due to job loss, the court will want a number of questions answered before it decides whether or not to grant your request. Those questions will focus on the length of time you have been out of work, whether the loss of employment is temporary or permanent, did you receive severance pay and what attempts you have made to obtain another job. Mrs. Agostini has the experience needed to review the facts of your case and determine what course of legal action is likely to obtain the best possible result for you.


Your details were sent successfully!

I have read the disclaimer.

bottom of page